TICK-TOCK! A Guide for the Ideal Times in the Day to Take Your Vitamins and Supplements
My granny, or my abuela as I call her, is a trooper. Not only did she have 14 children (OH MY!), but at almost 90 she is still cooking and dancing.
Whenever she’s asked, what her secret to such a long, healthy life is, my abuela explains her daily regimen, which is literally gulping down 10 pills at one time.
In my opinion, I believe this practice is a bit extreme. So on behalf of my dear abuela Fina (her full name is Josefina or Josefine in English) and all the other vitamin enthusiasts out there, I have conducted some research thanks to our friends at New Hope and found the most ideal times during the day to consume beneficial vitamins. Here’s the scoop:
- Helps reduce fatigue.
- Boost immune support.Ideal Time: Take in the mornings on an empty stomach.Important: DO NOT take with Calcium, coffee, or tea inhibits Iron absorption.
VITAMIN C Benefits:
- Helps boost the immune system.
- Helps increase energyIdeal Time: Take in the morning and later in the day.Important: Vitamin C only lasts a few hours in the bloodstream, so take a split dose throughout the day.
B VITAMINS Benefits:
- Gives your metabolism a boost.
- Changes food into energy.Ideal Time: Take with your breakfast to increase energy levels.
VITAMIN E Benefits:
- Natural antioxidant and fat-soluble.
- Keeps heart circulation healthy.Ideal Time:
Take in the mornings on an empty stomach.Important: Works best if consumed with foods such as milk, nuts, yogurt and/or avocado.
COENZYME Q10 Benefits:
- Produces energy.Ideal Time: Take with your breakfast or lunch so your sleeping patterns are not altered.
- Assists fertility and reproductive systems.
- Assists immune system.Ideal Time: Take in the afternoon with your lunch.Important: DO NOT take on an empty stomach since Zinc causes nausea. Not a good idea to take at the same time as calcium or iron.
- Helps with cognitive conditions.
- Keeps your skin radiant.Ideal Time: Take it mid-day since it increases energy.
VITAMIN D Benefits:
- Helps keep bones, muscles and teeth strong.
- Assists your body with getting necessary calcium.Ideal Time: Take with a meal in the afternoon.Important: May affect sleep so take early in the afternoon.
VITAMIN K Benefits:
- Essential with blood clots and healing wounds.
- Helps with bone development.Ideal Time: Take at any time of the day.Important: Works best when taken with Vitamin D, Calcium, and Vitamin C.
- Helps with joint inflammation.
- Good for brain function, growth, and development.
- Helps eye and heart function.Ideal Time: Take with meals.Important: We recommend taking our product OmegaXL.
- Helps nerve transmission and muscle development.
- Great to keep teeth and bones strong.Ideal Time: Take in the mornings on an empty stomach. Important: Best utilized at night so it is best to take in the evenings.
- Helps calm your muscles and nervous system.
- Helps with sleep.Ideal Time: Take in the evenings.Important: Combine with calcium since these two supplements work well together.
- Protects your intestinal Microflora.
- Boost the immune system.Ideal Time: Take with an empty stomach 30-60 minutes before meals.Important: We recommend taking our product ProbioticXL.
By: Alexandra J. Gratereaux